Assistive Technology (116)

Discussions Replies News

The latest in wearable technology - Envision Glasses

The progress made recently in using artificial intelligence (A.I.) for assistive technology has been moving at ground-breaking speed, but t…

Started by Ryan MacDonald

1 Jan 13, 2021
Reply by Geordie Travels

Award Winning SMART Prosthetic Limb is Closest to Real Leg

The biggest challenge faced by designers when making a prosthetic leg is how to capture and recreate that natural flow of movement. When a…

Started by Paul Richoux

0 Oct 18, 2018

Radio journalist recovers lost voice with artificial intelligence

Jamie Dupree has been described as the best-connected man in Washington. As the Washington correspondent for Cox Media Group, he has broadc…

Started by Abeer Darwish

0 Aug 7, 2018

Do you Need Wheelchair Lights to Keep You Safe and Visible at Night?

I've spoken with people in the past who raised the issue of how dangerous it can be going out and about in a wheelchair after dark, when th…

Started by Paul Richoux

0 Jun 18, 2018

Staff

Neatebox – Small Changes can make Big Differences

Pressing ‘The Button’ Neatebox is an Edinburgh based tech company with an unswerving focus on solutions. For Gavin Neate its founder, Occam…

Started by Oliver Hughes

0 Feb 2, 2018

Welcome to the Tokyo Blade Library - you'd better run!

Okay so the term “blade library” is perhaps a little misleading as it conjures up images of a dusty old building where Jason Voorhees brows…

Started by Paul Richoux

0 Oct 26, 2017

Quadriplegic motor racing now possible

As a former (very amateur) racer and generally keen "motorist" (am I letting my age slip with that language?) I'd love nothing more than to…

Started by George Perfect

0 Aug 29, 2017

This woman's Facebook post flags up brilliant disabled support you probably never knew existed

The following post has lit up Facebook where one lady going about her daily commute got a super cool and unexpected surprise that put her i…

Started by Paul Richoux

0 May 9, 2017

Magic box controls your tablets, IPhones, and other devices without laying a finger on them

A Canadian firm has just struck a blow for independent living by creating an assistive device that can be discretely fitted to a wheelchair…

Started by Paul Richoux

0 May 5, 2017

Location, Location, location.

Paul, I have just filled this survey out, like I was asked to do in the BeSpoken Bulletin and it asks for a State address and only offers A…

Started by John Alexander Logan

1 Feb 6, 2017
Reply by Paul Richoux

RSS

© 2024   Created by Gordon White.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service