Assistive Technology (116)

Discussions Replies News

Robots to Care for the Elderly?

Students at the University of Salford have developed a robot that can help care for elderly people. The robot can be programmed to remind i…

Started by bespoken Team

7 Mar 25, 2013
Reply by Helen Donaldson

New App Helps Visually Impaired People Find Each Other

You arrange to meet a friend outside a shopping centre and wait for them to arrive. For any sighted person this is an easy and normal part…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Mar 22, 2013

Samsung's Latest Smartphone Controlled by Eye Movement

Global tech giant Samsung has unveiled its latest smartphone...which can be controlled using your eyes! The Galaxy SIV features eye-tracki…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Mar 15, 2013

A New App

Has anyone tried  http://www.ideaapp.com/ to allow the ideas to be worked on safely? Just a thought..... Linda

Started by Linda Jane McLean

1 Mar 14, 2013
Reply by Margie Fletcher

Mobile telecare service launched

If, like me, you use or care for someone who uses a telephone alarm button - usually taking the form of a pendant or bracelet that communic…

Started by George Perfect

4 Mar 13, 2013
Reply by George Perfect

Nice to see big manufacturers giving the elderly / disabled a thought

Fujitsu is big enough. This looks like a very useful combination of technologies combined with a useful aid. http://www.engadget.com/2013/0

0 Feb 25, 2013

Swiss bionic hand offers true sensations through the nervous system

News of an interesting development that shows bio-mechanical control won't necessarily be one way much longer. Bio-feedback is in the works…

0 Feb 19, 2013

Sarah Ezekiel's Story by Rosie Ince

Can you tell me a bit about yourself? Everything was pretty straightforward for me until the age of 34. I was happily married with a beauti…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Jan 10, 2013

Assist Mi

Assist-Mi is a suite of applications designed to improve access to car parks, stations, hotels, airports, hospitals and any other building…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Dec 12, 2012

How to use a tablet computer - if you can't use a tablet computer!

News of fascinating research (for some reason described as aimed at kids but I can't see why adults wouldn't find it useful) for a device t…

0 Dec 11, 2012

RSS

© 2024   Created by Gordon White.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service