Daily Living Aids (83)

Discussions Replies News

Cibocal – not another kitchen adaptation

Alright so there are already quite a lot of adaptations for cooking and food preparation. There was an article on bespoken recently all abo…

Started by Paul Richoux

0 Jan 28, 2016

Keep your beloved pet with you with this clever little design

“Excellent! It has enabled someone with movement difficulties to have a cat again!”   For anyone who shares the common love of pets the a…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Jan 5, 2016

Radical new concept could make wheelchair transfers a lot easier

The conceptual design came up on bespoken’s radar just this week. It addresses the difficulty in transferring a disabled person from a pers…

Started by Paul Richoux

2 Dec 2, 2015
Reply by Paul Richoux

Independent Living Show - The TOP 10 Picks!

Last week Blackwood attended the Independent Living Show in Glasgow’s SECC. The two day event brought together exhibitors from the health,…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Oct 15, 2015

Getting to grips with ironHand

Reduced hand function and an impaired grip can make many aspects of day to day living difficult. That is the problem that ironHand, a 3 yea…

Started by Jane Adams

0 Aug 18, 2015

Any colour you want, as long as it's beige

The Arts and Crafts movement designer William Morris once said, “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe t…

Started by Jane Adams

0 Jul 13, 2015

Living Aids for limited hand function--Gripability & Etac Handle Turner

For those with limited hand function, life is filled with small but irritating inconveniences. Examples of this include dropping items easi…

Started by Vivien Chang

0 Jun 24, 2015

Furniture designed for comfort and accessibility at home

Wheelchair Accessible Recliner Terry Darling had a diving accident that left him a C 5-6 quadriplegic. Since then, Terry has invented vario…

Started by Lidia Garcia Fernandez

0 Jun 18, 2015

Socks?

I have Spina Bifida and while I can walk short distances, I have limited flexibility. I cannot put my socks on. Does anyone have any advice…

Started by Brittany Young

2 Jun 16, 2015
Reply by Brittany Young

Blackwood tenant reviews the handSteady

We've mentioned the handSteady a few times in the past on bespoken,  which is how Karen Murdoch at Maclehose came to spot it and enquire if…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Jun 3, 2015

RSS

© 2024   Created by Gordon White.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service