All Discussions Tagged 'Home' (11)

Discussions Replies News

5* holiday cottage gets recognised - 'You can have accessibility without it looking clinical'

A husband and wife team have been recognised by the charity Blue Badge Style for the exceptional work they have done to offer inclusive acc…

Started by Paul Richoux

0 Oct 20, 2017

Stylish floor lift that you would happily have in your home...

This modern twist on a simple adaptation was recently flagged up for me. These built-in floor lifts are not brand new admittedly but it’s g…

Started by Paul Richoux

0 Jul 18, 2017

The Blackwood House

EDIT (02/02/2017): It's been over two years since writing the words below and the concept has become a reality. Blackwood is delighted to s…

Started by bespoken Team

22 Jul 14, 2017
Reply by bespoken Team

Easy self-transfer couch and bed needed... what works best?

For the last 4 years Blackwood Homes an Care, a leading housing and care provider, has been planning the build of the ultimate accessible h…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Mar 21, 2017

Disabled techno-wizard fills home with his personalised adaptations

On a quiet street, in a modest house in Renfrew, lives a techno wizard whose years of experience and his passion for technology have led hi…

Started by Paul Richoux

1 Dec 27, 2015
Reply by Linda Jane McLean

Blackwood leads the way in innovative care with SMART Technology

Trials are currently underway in Blackwood’s care home in Stirling where some high tech but easy to use solutions are set to improve the in…

Started by Paul Richoux

0 Jul 30, 2015

Ropox Bathroom with movable tap

At Naidex last week I saw this bathroom installation at one of the stands and it really caught my eye.  The arm rests are light enough tha…

Started by bespoken Team

0 May 4, 2015

My Wheelchair and Me: A (Temporary) Love Story for the Ages

The Following article first appeared in the Huffington Post on the 13th of November 2012 and was written by Tamar Abrams. To access the ori…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Feb 28, 2014

Adaptations – A Good Investment?

Deciding on an adaptation to your house can be a big step, particularly for major adaptations like lifts. This week we had a look at some r…

Started by bespoken Team

1 Nov 8, 2013
Reply by Angela Cavill-burch

Gordon Ellis Bath Step

Margie finds out about the Prima Bathstep. The Prima Bath Step is adjustable in height to bring the outside level equal to the bottom of th…

Started by bespoken Team

0 May 17, 2013

RSS

© 2024   Created by Gordon White.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service