VIP guests this year included:
- His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh
- The Earl of Snowdon
- Dame Tanni Grey-Thompson
- Falklands veteran Simon Weston
Highlight features included:
- The launch of the Vexel Quovis, Europe’s first inclusively designed standard car that could be driven from a wheelchair. Spanish motor manufacturer, Vexel Automoción S.L. chose the Roadshow for its UK launch.
- The first public showing of Asda’s new concept round spinning shopping basket designed to make shopping easier for people with disabilities.
- The visit of The European Year of Disabled People campaign bus calling in for two days as part of its year-long tour of Europe, having set off from Greece in January of that year.
- In the motoring arena, Kia exhibited for the first time and new vehicles being showcased were the Volkswagen Touran, the Ford Focus C-MAX, the Vauxhall Meriva mini MPV and the Peugeot 807 Estate.
Were you there? If so, we’d love to hear your memories of this event.