Assistive Technology (116)

Discussions Replies News

Top 3 Apps To Watch Out For In 2015

Be My Eyes (iOS / Free until Sept 2015) One of the most innovative apps to explode in popularity in recent weeks is Be My Eyes. Developed…

Started by Matthew Meek

0 Feb 19, 2015

The i-limb ultra: Modern prosthetics with a noughties twist

Bespoken thrives on the latest innovations and improvements that help people with disabilities live their lives to the fullest. The latest…

Started by Alex Haylock

0 Feb 4, 2015

Smart Glasses make massive difference to visually impaired people

For regular readers of bespoken one thing should be evident; and that is that assistive technology develops and evolves at a staggering pac…

Started by Paul Richoux

0 Jan 28, 2015

New Microsoft headset helps blind people navigate unfamiliar surroundings

Whenever I’ve spoken to people who are visually impaired about their disability, they often say that they stick to visiting places they are…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Jan 20, 2015

3D Maps for the Visually Impaired

Researchers in Japan have recently released new software which would allow visually-impaired people to print off a 3D map of various region…

Started by Rory Telfer

0 Jan 7, 2015

Feel the force with the "Luke Arm"

I’m sure you remember Luke Skywalker's robotic hand from the Star Wars movies which was needed after following a battle with Darth Vader. F…

Started by Adam Shippey

0 Dec 11, 2014

Learning to hear: the cochlear implant experience

What’s it like to learn to hear? Alex, who has had a cochlear implant for four years, gave some information on his experience. “The kind of…

Started by Ciorstaidh MacGlone

0 Dec 10, 2014

Printing a New Ear

There are over one million people in the UK with a physical disfigurement that can greatly impact people’s lives. Ear disfigurement is o…

Started by Adam Shippey

0 Dec 3, 2014

Five useful controls to use a computer

The PC is not always easy to use for people with disabilities. However, there are assistive technologies out there that can help them have…

Started by Monica Quintero Restrepo

0 Nov 26, 2014

Touch has a memory: developing prosthetics which can feel

Prosthetic options available to amputees are becoming more and more like the flesh and blood they replace. Already, myoelectrically contr…

Started by Ciorstaidh MacGlone

0 Nov 26, 2014

RSS

© 2024   Created by Gordon White.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service