Forum Discussions (1,016)

Discussions Replies News

CleverCogs™ user makes an impact in the Scottish Parliament

CleverCogs™ was the focus of attention in the Scottish Parliament this week when the Scottish Minister for Public Finance and Digital Econo…

Started by bespoken Team in Projects

0 Oct 31, 2018

Survey for hearing implant users in outdoor sports

Hi Everyone! I'm wondering if you could assist me in my Masters project! I'm a Strathclyde University student doing my Masters in Product D…

Started by Cameron Martin in The Good, the Bad and the Unaccessible

0 Oct 26, 2018

Award Winning SMART Prosthetic Limb is Closest to Real Leg

The biggest challenge faced by designers when making a prosthetic leg is how to capture and recreate that natural flow of movement. When a…

Started by Paul Richoux in Assistive Technology

0 Oct 18, 2018

Blackwood Design Awards 2018/19 coming soon!

After a hugely successful competition in 2017/18 the international Blackwood Design Awards are returning for 2018/19.   First launched in 2…

Started by bespoken Team in Blackwood Design Awards

0 Oct 4, 2018

What’s the one thing people often wrongly assume you can’t do?

Granted it’s not exactly a brand-new theme (“disability is so very misunderstood”) but the object here isn’t to have a lazy moan. Not least…

Started by Paul Richoux in Answers & Questions

0 Sep 27, 2018

Magnetised Shirt Buttons Enable Person with Parkinson's to Dress Themselves in Seconds

I saw the following news report (see video below) about a woman in the USA who started making shirts with magnetic buttons for her husband…

Started by Paul Richoux in Answers & Questions

0 Sep 20, 2018

James Dyson Awards 2018 highlights

The latest results from the international James Dyson Awards have been announced and I thought I would share just some of the highlights o…

Started by Paul Richoux in Daily Living Aids

0 Sep 14, 2018

Pioneering WHILL Model C powerchair from TGA wins fifth prestigious international design award

WHILL Model C from TGA, the technological advanced powered wheelchair with cutting-edge transportability, style and manoeuvrability, has be…

Started by bespoken Team in Wheelchairs & Mobility

0 Sep 7, 2018

Expert Judges Reflect back on Outstanding Design Competition

“I was very proud to be invited to be involved in the future” – Judges Reflect Back on the Tremendous Blackwood Design Awards 2017/18   It…

Started by Abeer Darwish in Blackwood Design Awards

0 Aug 30, 2018

RAPAEL Smart Glove Using Gamification for Rehabilitation

A stunning and unprecedented double win at the final of the Blackwood Design Awards 2017/18 secured NEOFECT a place in the BDA hall of fam…

Started by Abeer Darwish in Blackwood Design Awards

0 Aug 13, 2018

RSS