All Discussions Tagged 'Prosthetic' (10)

Discussions Replies News

Award Winning SMART Prosthetic Limb is Closest to Real Leg

The biggest challenge faced by designers when making a prosthetic leg is how to capture and recreate that natural flow of movement. When a…

Started by Paul Richoux

0 Oct 18, 2018

A new look for the artificial arm? Meet the tentacle prosthetic

It looks a bit like something out of a Marvel Superheroes film, but then again, where’s the joy in conformity. This eye catching design fo…

Started by Paul Richoux

0 Nov 11, 2015

Paralympic gold medallist Martina Caironi talks about her perceived weakness became her greatest strength.

Imagine: you are 18 years old and out having fun with your friends. On your way home, you are the victim of a hit and run. As a result, yo…

Started by Silvia Capra

0 Sep 16, 2015

9 Year Old Boy Is Youngest Ever To Be Fitted With Bionic Hand

Touch Bionics were back in the news this week, with 9 year old Josh Cathcart from Fife being the youngest ever person to be fitted with a b…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Aug 26, 2015

The i-limb ultra: Modern prosthetics with a noughties twist

Bespoken thrives on the latest innovations and improvements that help people with disabilities live their lives to the fullest. The latest…

Started by Alex Haylock

0 Feb 4, 2015

Intention Decoding - intelligent technology that predicts your will

I was lucky enough to speak with Dr Aldo Faisal of Imperial College London earlier this week who spoke to me in great depth about the pione…

Started by Paul Richoux

0 Oct 23, 2014

Sally Bowie talks about Touch Bionics

I spoke to Sally Bowie who works for Touch bionics, a company whose bionic limbs are the most sophisticated prosthetics ever made available…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Feb 6, 2014

Patrick’s prosthetic makes people talk

People have gone from “Oh, pity” to “Oooh, cool” when they first meet 16-year-old Patrick Kane, who has got one of Touch Bionics latest han…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Jul 4, 2013

Swiss bionic hand offers true sensations through the nervous system

News of an interesting development that shows bio-mechanical control won't necessarily be one way much longer. Bio-feedback is in the works…

Started by George Perfect

0 Feb 19, 2013

Bebionic3 - the bionic hand

When RSL Steeper created bebionic, they wanted to produce a myoelectric prosthetic hand that could transform the lives of amputees worldwid…

Started by bespoken Team

1 Nov 16, 2012
Reply by Rosie Ince

RSS

© 2024   Created by Gordon White.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service