All Discussions Tagged 'sport' (10)

Discussions Replies News

Wheelchair MX

Does anyone else do this sport? Aaron Fotheringham (Wheelz) started it up for us! I saw him doing it as a kid, and now that I'm adult my mo…

Started by Brittany Young

2 Sep 22, 2016
Reply by bespoken Team

Blackwood Design Award winner going for gold

Sometimes life seems like it is a series of obstacles to conquer. Now, a major sporting event taking place in Switzerland in October 2016 i…

Started by Jane Adams

0 Aug 11, 2015

Wimbledon to introduce wheelchair singles

From 2016, Wimbledon will feature wheelchair singles tennis tournaments for both men and women. Richard Lewis, Chief Executive of The All E…

Started by Jane Adams

0 Jul 13, 2015

Phoenix flying high with Blackwood support under their wings

Wheelchair basketball is an unfamiliar sport for many, present writer included.   But like many sports it became quickly apparent that it w…

Started by Suhayl A

0 May 5, 2015

Absolutely Phabulous

Heather Clarke, a long time reader of bespoken got in touch with us and told us more about the charity she works for. Coming up for its six…

Started by Ciorstaidh MacGlone

0 Apr 2, 2015

Powerchair football continues to grow in Scotland but still needs support

At its most romantic a game of football is a collection of individuals from various backgrounds coming together as a team. For supporter…

Started by Adam Shippey

0 Dec 4, 2014

Prosthetic Arms for Swimming and Cycling

Prosthetic limbs to enable arm amputees to swim and cycle more easily have been developed by British and Irish designers.  Oyogu, a prosthe…

Started by Stacey Brown

0 Aug 6, 2014

Glasgow 2014 - Powerlifting

By Quentin Paimparay In the last of our articles on para-sports at the Commonwealth Games, we have a look on Powerlifting; the history of t…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Jul 10, 2014

Skating on thin ice - by Kenneth Archbold

Innovation this week is a tough one. The UK sport scene has been buzzing of late, and with the Commonwealth games being held in Scotland, w…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Dec 12, 2013

"Fun, Fast and Physical"

Ice hockey has the reputation as a rapid, exhilarating sport. Sledge hockey is no different. Well, “we can’t skate backwards”, Karl explain…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Dec 12, 2013

RSS

© 2024   Created by Gordon White.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service