All Discussions Tagged 'wheelchair' (45)

Discussions Replies News

Meet the fashion designer from Cardiff who's fast becoming a hit among wheelchair users

One of the fundamental things about improving the design of a product to meet specific disability needs, is that you have to forget everyth…

Started by Paul Richoux

0 Nov 10, 2016

Researchers in India are developing the first ever prototype of a Smart wheelchair that detects and avoids obstacles

I’ve heard quite often (and occasionally seen) from people who use a wheelchair about the common hazard created by obstacles. Bumping, scr…

Started by Paul Richoux

0 Oct 28, 2016

Corien Staels Takes Innovation to New Heights: Young entrepreneur creates a solution to age-old problem faced by millions of wheelchair users worldwide

Corien Staels is a young inventor and entrepreneur. A Belgian native, Corien is currently working on an Entrepreneurship Masters at the Un…

Started by Melissa McDonald

0 Jul 21, 2016

I was so impressed with my PARAVAN wheelchair I asked the company to be their UK rep!

Posting on behalf of the author When I was first diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy, I was told I would probably only live until my twentie…

Started by Paul Richoux

0 Feb 17, 2016

500 miles, two men and a wheelchair

Every year, thousands of people decide to make the Camino de Santiago journey for many reasons. One duo achieved it in an extraordinary 34…

Started by Ainara Carmona

0 Dec 10, 2015

"Rollin forward" with jeans designed for wheelchair users

Clothing is rarely designed with the wheelchair user in mind. When she was injured in a traffic accident aged 21, Heidi McKenzie realised f…

Started by Lindsey Cotter

0 Sep 9, 2015

7 items for wheelchair users' independence that won't break the bank

bespoken loves nothing better than a mind blowing futuristic bit of technology that is going to blast through barriers and level the playin…

Started by Paul Richoux

0 Aug 30, 2015

Blackwood Design Awards 2015: POSTA- comfortable in-fight seat transfer

Continuing with our series on the Blackwood Design Awards 2015 here is another of our entries; the POSTA. For wheelchair users travelling b…

Started by Vivien Chang

0 Jul 3, 2015

tap extender for people in wheelchairs

I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was such a clever home made adaptation that I had to share it.   The person who originally posted it…

Started by Paul Richoux

3 Jul 1, 2015
Reply by Bob Howie

SCALEVO: the new climbing wheelchair

A new wheelchair has been getting a huge amount of attention across the world lately. The Scalevo started out as a “focus project” for a gr…

Started by Lidia Garcia Fernandez

0 Jun 29, 2015

RSS

© 2024   Created by Gordon White.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service