Power Pack Plus Launched At Naidex2014 By Ryan Dubickas - Pearson

When I was at Naidex as part of the bespoken team I got to meet with the TGA Mobility crew and was shown a few of their new products which were launched at Naidex 2014. Have you ever been out and about and faced with the task of getting a wheelchair up to the top of a steep hill. I think you would evaluate how you are going to overcome this obstacle and what options are available to you. One product from TGA that would help you in this situation would be the Power pack plus.

The Power pack plus is one of the most effective ways to move a manual wheelchair being an occupant or being pushed by a carer or friend. This product fits almost all types of wheelchairs including tilt-in space models. It has a robust design and surprisingly lightweight when attached to the wheelchair. The power pack uses soft touch technology as one of its many safety features. This means the power pack is engineered to ensure that powered activation is smooth and gradual to prevent the wheelchair running away from a carer of friend. No matter how you use the control lever the power pack will gradually build speed.

The top speed for this model is 3mph to prevent accidents. This model of power pack plus has a 32 stone weight limit (wheelchair and occupant). There is a service performance indicator which lets the user when service is required.

The power pack plus has been designed after many studies show that care teams are off sick through injury on the job. The injuries in question are back injuries, muscle strain injuries and also poor posture. The power pack plus protects care teams from these injuries and also eliminates difficulties for carers. The difficulties eliminated are negotiating slopes, ramps or uneven surfaces and significantly reduces manual handling risks. 

Would this product benefit you when you are out and about?

At the bottom of this article there is a video filmed by the bespoken team at Naidex. I hope you enjoy please share and comment.

Views: 177

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by Gordon White.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service