All Discussions Tagged 'Wheelchair' (95)

Discussions Replies News

Hello gang!

Hey there,  Just a quick wee message to introduce myself. My name is Anthony A.K.A Geordie Travels, and I live in sunny Glasgow. I love to…

Started by Geordie Travels

2 Dec 17, 2020
Reply by Geordie Travels

Freedom One Life - new rugged powerchair with long life battery set to undergo trials

High up in one of the taller buildings that dominate Glasgow, a great innovative dream is taking form. Alex Papanikolaou is an award winnin…

Started by Paul Richoux

3 Jul 17, 2019
Reply by George Perfect

One of GB's Most Successful Paralympians Looks Back at his Career

by Abeer Darwish A 5-time Paralympic medallist and a Blackwood customer, Tom killin has lived in supported accommodation in Edinburgh sinc…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Jul 13, 2018

ROWHEELS: NASA engineered wheelchair could be major challenge to the industry

ROWHEELS, a developer of innovative manual mobility tech, today announced the introduction of the ROWHEELS Revolution 1.0 – the world’s fir…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Jul 10, 2018

Do you Need Wheelchair Lights to Keep You Safe and Visible at Night?

I've spoken with people in the past who raised the issue of how dangerous it can be going out and about in a wheelchair after dark, when th…

Started by Paul Richoux

0 Jun 18, 2018

Wendy on Wheels - bringing disability into the mainstream

I recently sat down for a Skype video call to the USA to speak with Angela Ruzicka, self-published writer of the popular children’s book se…

Started by Paul Richoux

0 May 25, 2018

WheelBlades - A Simple & Intelligent Design for Wheelchair Winter Weather

What with the pretty extreme weather we’ve had lately this seems like an invention. If trying to get about in snow is difficult on foot, it…

Started by Paul Richoux

0 Mar 9, 2018

Blackwood Design Awards Finalist Makes a Big Impact on BBC’s Dragon’s Den

The wheelAIR cooling backrest cushion was offered a £75K investment deal by four Dragons on the latest episode of Dragons’ Den after hearin…

Started by bespoken Team

1 Jan 18, 2018
Reply by Anne Walker

A wheelchair cushion that stops you from getting too hot - WheelAIR just got a whole lot cooler!

Last year’s Blackwood Design Awards finalist WheelAIR has since made a big impression in the world of independent living and recently had i…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Nov 22, 2017

"Wheelchair sports gave me back something I thought I'd lost forever" - and interview with Ryan Macdonald

Blackwood’s Annual General Meeting will soon be taking place in Inverclyde National Sports Training Centre with the theme for day centred o…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Sep 8, 2017

RSS

© 2024   Created by Gordon White.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service