All Discussions Tagged 'Wheelchair' (95)

Discussions Replies News

Disability and fitness; why do they still appear so far removed to so many?

When Kris Saunders-Stowe met the Australian Paralympic team, his life changed completely. He underwent something of an epiphany that has go…

Started by Ainara Carmona

0 Nov 24, 2015

Ambitious project to open up beaches to people who have disabilities

The Portobello Community Council is set to carry out an ambitious project to open up its golden beaches to people who have disabilities.…

Started by Ainara Carmona

2 Nov 17, 2015
Reply by Ainara Carmona

DISABLED EX-BIKER RETURNS TO ON AND OFF-ROAD ACTION THANKS TO ‘HARLEY DAVIDSON’ MOBILITY SCOOTER

The TGA Supersport mobility scooter is back in the news and this time it’s amputee motorcyclist Rick Hadden who has been enjoying the benef…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Oct 8, 2015

A Story of Courage - 2 years battling for the dream accessible car

The following article was written by the late Shand Sivewright and originally published on Open Writing. It is shared on bespoken with the…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Sep 3, 2015

Brand new Bionic legs go ahead with trials! Could you take part?

Rex Bionics Plc (“Rex Bionics” or the “Company”) First Patient Treated in RAPPER II Clinical Trial 1 June 2015 Rex Bionics Plc (AIM: RB…

Started by bespoken Team

3 Jun 5, 2015
Reply by Ailsa June MacLean

Staff

The futuristic i-real wheelchair: does it have a future?

It would be fair to say the world is still waiting for a truly revolutionary wheelchair design. Presently, we all know that a wheelchair ca…

Started by Callum Steven

1 Jun 5, 2015

Ropox Bathroom with movable tap

At Naidex last week I saw this bathroom installation at one of the stands and it really caught my eye.  The arm rests are light enough tha…

Started by bespoken Team

0 May 4, 2015

Young wheelchair user has problems with the joystick - can you help?

Hello to all, I was contacted very recently by a bespoken member whose son, who is currently at university, has a specific problem with hi…

Started by bespoken Team

3 Mar 25, 2015

Interview with the winner of the Student Design Award 2014

Following on from last Friday's judging, we caught up with this year's winner, Kirubin Pillay, who gave us a short interview on what it was…

Started by Paul Richoux

0 Feb 19, 2015

Stand Up, Sit Down with the Qolo Wheelchair

The Qolo wheelchair allows its user to stand vertically. This terrific invention was runner up at the prestigious James Dyson Awards for d…

Started by Adam Shippey

0 Feb 12, 2015

RSS

© 2024   Created by Gordon White.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service