Wheelchairs & Mobility (127)

Discussions Replies News

Power wheelchair design

Anybody else wondering whether wheelchair manufacturers bother to have anyone sit in their chairs before putting them into production? I ha…

Started by George Perfect

10 Oct 22, 2013
Reply by Alex Papanikolaou

Adapted Vehicles For Wheelchair Users

By Nicholas Terry   Freedom, independence and sociable accessible travel are words often associated with modified vehicles designed for peo…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Oct 4, 2013

Handybar - helps you get into your car

bespoken is primarily concerned with promoting and advising on independent living, and there are few greater symbols of independence than t…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Sep 27, 2013

Duncan’s family created the Trabasack

By Mette Nielsen   Many a time will the bespoken members have come across the Trabasack brand on our site, and two weeks ago we recommended…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Aug 9, 2013

i Transport

Researchers at the National Cheng Kung University at Taiwan have created a new device that will allow people in wheelchairs to stand uprigh…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Jun 14, 2013

Mother and Child Friendly Wheelchairs

I have a friend who is unable to use her legs so uses a wheelchair and has a baby.  She has brought up the issue again and again of how whe…

Started by Debbie Deboo

2 Apr 15, 2013
Reply by Gary Evans

Google Glass - Wheelchair Control Concept

Software engineer Steve McHugh has come up with a great use for Google’s upcoming computer eyewear, Google Glass.   Google Glass is a weara…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Apr 12, 2013

A4W Observer 4x4 Powerchairs

The A4W Observer power wheelchair is the winner of the Mobility product award 2012 from Disabled Motoring UK. Terrain which had previously…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Apr 12, 2013

Barrier Free SatNav for wheelchair users

Navevo and Thales Alenia Space have come together to create a navigation system targeted at wheelchair users. This is claimed to be the wor…

Started by George Perfect

0 Apr 5, 2013

Mindwalker Project

A while back we reported on Rewalk, the computerised exoskeleton that enables paraplegics to walk.   Rewalk is controlled by shifts in body…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Mar 29, 2013

RSS

© 2024   Created by Gordon White.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service