Wheelchairs & Mobility (127)

Discussions Replies News

Ropits Mobility Robot

It looks like automation is set to transform personal mobility scooters, if Hitachi’s new robotic vehicle is anything to go by.   Like its…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Mar 14, 2013

Air Access Concept

Priestmangoode, have unveiled a design that will transform air travel for passengers with reduced mobility. Air Access is a concept that f…

Started by bespoken Team

1 Feb 17, 2013
Reply by George Perfect

Folding Wheel Wheelchair

The folding wheel Wheelchair is the brainchild of Duncan Fitzsimons of Vitamin Design in London. Recently nominated for a design council aw…

Started by bespoken Team

2 Feb 9, 2013
Reply by bespoken Team

Staff

Skycare Wheelchair

For wheelchair users, getting around on-board an aircraft can be quite challenging & usually requires assistance from one of the flight…

Started by Colin Foskett

0 Feb 1, 2013

tracked wheelchair

hi can you design a tracked system that you can fit a wheelchair in to enable wheelchair users to access area's they can not at the moment,…

Started by David George Pritchard

4 Jan 28, 2013
Reply by Gary Evans

Smart Chair - Powered by thought

Smart Chair - Powered by Thought. It sounds like something from science fiction. However, a prototype wheelchair manoeuvred by human thoug…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Jan 25, 2013

Donnie & Edna's Story by Rosie Ince

Donnie and Edna have been living in an adapted flat at Broom Court in Stirling since the scheme opened in 1987. They both grew up in Stirl…

Started by bespoken Team

0 Nov 30, 2012

GlamSticks, award winning mobility aid designs

About three years ago I started up GlamSticks (www.glamsticks.co.uk) when I was frustrated at the lack of glam crutches on the market havin…

Started by Debbie Deboo

0 Nov 14, 2012

GlamSticks

I had an idea and made it into an award winning reality. I got diagnosed with ME about ten years ago.  My life changed beyond recogniton as…

Started by Debbie Deboo

0 Nov 14, 2012

Energy Capture

The technology to capture micro energy is improving all the time and this got me thinking about manual wheelchairs.  Lots of energy gets tr…

Started by David Jarrold

4 Nov 12, 2012
Reply by Tom Kruer

RSS

© 2024   Created by Gordon White.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service