All Discussions Tagged 'access' (9)

Discussions Replies News

Wimbledon: A disability perspective

What do you think of when you see the word Wimbledon? Chances are this conjures up images of strawberries and cream and pristine grass tenn…

Started by Tim Neill

2 Jun 10, 2017
Reply by Tim Neill

Accessibility in the subway

For people who live in big cities like London, Barcelona or Paris, the underground is a common means of commuting. But what of the passenge…

Started by Lidia Garcia Fernandez

0 Jul 7, 2015

Pony Access: how Simon Mulholland is opening up the countryside.

While wheelchairs and scooters are constantly improving, there will always be places where a wheeled vehicle is at a disadvantage. This is…

Started by Ciorstaidh MacGlone

0 Jan 19, 2015

The Rolling Rambler: exploring the countryside on four wheels.

As an electric scooter user, Robert Hunter has a unique set of challenges when travelling off road. He shared some of these with me when he…

0 Nov 6, 2014

Disabled Access Day

What are your plans for Saturday, 17th January? Why not go somewhere new— and be part of a movement? Going somewhere new when you have spec…

3 Nov 3, 2014

The Bad - The pavement outside the Portobello Library

The library itself has great disabled access and is definitely worth a visit! The issues are with the pavement and road outside. The pavem…

Started by Margie Fletcher

0 May 24, 2013

The Good - Butternut Squash

Where: 10 Bath Street, EH15 1EY   Butternut Squash is fantastic. Great step-free disabled access, friendly staff and tasty food and coffee!…

0 May 24, 2013

The Unaccesible - Thomson Travel Agents Portobello

Where: 135 Portobello High St, Edinburgh There is a small step and no ramp so you can’t get in and the staff don’t seem to be interested i…

0 May 24, 2013

Playing console games with a physical disability

Hi. I am interested to know what problems people have playing on console platforms like the PlayStation3 and XBox. Our company LEPMIS spec…

Started by Geoff hardback

0 Apr 30, 2013

RSS

© 2024   Created by Gordon White.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service