Blackwood Student Design Award 2013

We champion designs that change people’s lives.  Enter our design challenge and be part of this!

Blackwood – Who are we?

Blackwood provides housing and care services to people across the country and many of our customers have a physical disability.  We see genius from people on a regular basis as they have to adapt products so that they work for them.  We want to build on this.  We want to link people with designers so that their experience, insight and expertise can improve existing products and drive innovation.

The Blackwood Student Design Award

We have seen the design work that is done by students in many Universities across the UK and we have seen genius there too.  We want to recognise this and highlight the incredible work that is being done by the designers of our future.  We are offering a prize of £500 for the winning design and a certificate for both the winning student and their University.

Criteria

Ask yourself these questions:

• Will my design change someone’s life?
  • Will it make people more independent?
  • Will it enable someone to do things that could not otherwise do?

If the answers are yes then tell us about it!

The Challenge is open to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.

What next?

The submission process is simple.  In no more than 1 side of A4 describe your product and show how it will make a difference to people.  If you want to submit additional pictures that’s fine.  We would also like you to tell us about your design in a short video clip (no longer than 1 minute).

That’s it.  You’ve done all the hard work so why not tell us about it?

How do I do that?

Simply join bespoken and then you can post up your entry in the ‘Student Design Challenge’ forum (See the drop down options under the Forums tab on bespoken and then simply click reply)

Timescales

Submit your design to us by 28 June 2013 and our panel of judges will make their deliberations during July.

We have created a designated ‘Design Challenge’ forum on our social media site www.bespoken.me.  It’s entirely free to join this community and you simply need to sign up to upload and submit your entry.

NB Please be aware that bespoken is an open forum so if you need to protect the IP for any aspect of your design then you should do this in advance.

Contact Us

If you have any questions about this design challenge please get in touch.

Many thanks and the best of luck!

bespoken@mbha.org.uk

Views: 1003

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

The design I would like to enter in this challenge was my final year project as a  part of my Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Bath and was sponsored my Mountain Trike.

The improvements I made to the current product were a 3 speed gear system and quick release wheels. I have attached a more in depth description of the product and my improvments as a .pdf

Link to Video submission describing the product, apologies its not more detailed as I have handed the trike back to the company and used some testing footage I shot earlier.

If you would like more detailed pictures or to talk to me about the improvements I made then please feel free to ask.

Kind regards, Ian McDiarmid

Attachments:

Blackwood Student Design Award 2013 Entry

As a current Master of Design for Services student, at the University of Dundee I have attached my entry for this competition. To see both my design board and video please click on the link below:

http://designingwithcjsw.wordpress.com/user-strategies/developing-l...

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly,

Best Wishes,

Selina Law

Hi my blog has been updated due to recent University Assessments and so please find the update link to my project work here:

http://designingwithcjsw.wordpress.com/process/u-learn/

I would like to enter on behalf of my group our entry called Honest Blue.

Please find my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9edHjMxA7Eg

Please find my A4 description attached.

Kind regards

Michael Tougher

Attachments:

Please find attached updated visuals for Honest Blue.

Kind Regards

Michael Tougher

Attachments:

I would like to enter on my project called Independence

Please find my video:  http://youtu.be/Y16OwNIYhWE

Please find my A4 description attached.

Kind regards

Michael Tougher

Attachments:

For Blackwood Student Design Award 2013

I would like to enter my current project for the Masters of Design for Services at the University of Dundee, Scotland.

To see my video and details of my project please have  look at my blog.

A short description of the project can be found attached.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further requirements.

Regards,

Alexandros Ioannou

Attachments:

As a current Master of Design for Services student, at the University of Dundee I have attached my entry for this competition.To see both my design board and video please click on the link below:

http://wlimastersproject.wordpress.com/blackwood-student-design-awa...

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly,

Best Wishes,

Wenyi Li

RSS

© 2024   Created by Gordon White.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service